Anya who leads our Art Talks will be looking at a collection of paintings, online, selected from Galleries in London.
Every few weeks we will upload one painting at a time by artists who feature in the current British Citizenship Tests. Please click on the link for the painting and read the descriptions given there.
We have 10 questions for you to consider. Please feel free to email your answers back to us, Anya is happy to talk to you about the selected painting just let us know. Hello@speak-street.com
Click on the ‘Description’ tab and read the ‘Overview’ to help you answer the following questions:
1) Who is the painting by?
2) Who is the painting of?
3) Why has this painting been described as a ‘triple portrait’?
4) The painting looks over a valley and which river?
5) How many acres did Mr Andrews own?
6) Which two skills does the painter demonstrate in this painting?
7) What might the unpainted patch on Mrs Andrew’s lap have been reserved for?
8) What is the name of the area of the countryside depicted here?
9) What is significant about the ‘fertile harvest’ and ‘well-stocked pastures’?
10) Do you like this painting? Why or why not?